Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The Building Egypt’s Skilled Workforce activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
- Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector;
- Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and
- Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. The COP ensures compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations. The Chief of Party:
- Provides technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters, and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the project
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to EDC’s policies and procedures and consistent with USAID regulations;
- Manages the project’s relationships with USAID, Government of Egypt counterparts, private sector firms, educational institutions, and local counterparts, NGOs, and other stakeholders;
- Works in partnership with the Home Office Project Director, engaging in frequent, routine communication with the Home Office around the project’s progress and potential issues;
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities, and ensures that project results and targets are met;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Supports the implementation of security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues and addressing local staffing and personnel issues related to security; and
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development and solicits constructive staff input.
The Chief of Party must be a senior professional with the following minimum set of qualifications:
A Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Education, International Development or a relevant field.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience (including at least 7 years in senior management) in the successful implementation of international development programs;
- Substantial experience implementing programs in economic growth, entrepreneurship and employment, TVET system strengthening, private sector engagement, market systems strengthening, business enabling environment or related fields;
- Proven ability in managing the technical, administrative and financial implementation of internationally-funded technical assistance projects of similar size and scope;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in TVET systems, Positive Youth Development (PYD), demand-driven training, soft skills development, human resource management, MSME strengthening, financial inclusion or related fields;
- Proven experience integrating gender equality, female empowerment, and social inclusion into development projects;
- Experience managing USG-funded project, USAID experience highly preferred;
- Prior experience implementing economic growth programs in the MENA region, Egypt highly preferred;
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong, cohesive teams;
- Experience in working in the MENA region; Egypt experience highly preferred; and
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Fluency in English is required.
Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please.
Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
All proposal positions are contingent upon donor funding and approval
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
البحث عن الوظائف
- وظائف أخرى (3,700)
- وظائف إدارية (401)
- وظائف إعلام وصحافة (1,145)
- وظائف الأهرام (0)
- وظائف المشتريات (361)
- وظائف تدريس (3,988)
- وظائف ترجمة (262)
- وظائف تسويق (2,726)
- وظائف تطوير و برمجة (3,725)
- وظائف تقنية معلومات (3,070)
- وظائف حرفيين (67)
- وظائف حكومية (1,071)
- وظائف خدمة عملاء (2,383)
- وظائف سائقين (4,719)
- وظائف صناعية (1,659)
- وظائف طباخين ومطاعم (3,681)
- وظائف طبية (6,171)
- وظائف علاقات عامة (1,739)
- وظائف فن وتصميم (644)
- وظائف فودافون (0)
- وظائف مبيعات (1,273)
- وظائف محاسبة و مالية (3,006)
- وظائف محامين وقانون (396)
- وظائف مهندسين (3,236)
- وظائف موارد بشرية (1,113)
- وظائف نسائية (8,507)