WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Are you passionate about Monitoring & Evaluation and are your keen to apply your knowledge and skills in a humanitarian context and contribute to our mandate of achieving Zero Hunger?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference, the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
The Regional Monitoring team is providing technical support and oversight to 17 countries during their implementation of the Country Strategic Plans (CSP). 17 countries are Egypt, Armenia, Algeria, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, State of Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, and Yemen.
The team guides and ensures that the CSP Monitoring, Review and Evaluation plans will provide the most relevant and strategic information toward achieving expected results while being compliant with WFP corporate monitoring and evaluation requirements.
To ensure effective programming, it is essential that monitoring and evaluation (M&E) ensures risks are mitigated and decision-makers can adjust programmes based on findings and data coming in through M&E systems. However, the systems used for data collection, reporting and visualization of findings are not yet standardized or consistent across the organization.
WFP seeks to build its capacity to centrally receive, store, process and analyze digital operational data for the purpose of promoting accountability, controls, and efficiencies across its programmes and use data to better inform WFP’s programme design and performance measurement through the analysis of data collected from its regional operations.
Particularly for this position, the Data Management Specilaist will focus on management and visualization of regional monitoring data by developing and standardizing consolidated databases and insightful and innovative dashboards to best leverage M&E data both within Country Offices and across the region. The position includes also knowledge management and capacity building of M&E staff on data visualization.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in one of the following fields: statistics, development economics, performance management, monitoring and evaluation, computer science, engineering, management information systems or other related fields, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
Minimum of three years of experience in data management, analysis and/or visualization, including strong experience in working with large data sets and summarizing data for business. Past experience working on a multi-cultural organization is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Data management
- Experience working with large data sets and summarizing data for business.
- Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence concepts.
- Data storing and retrieving skills.
- Experience using visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.) and setting up dashboards.
- Ability to capture requirements and translate into insights.
- Facilitation and teaching skills related to data management and visualization.
- Knowledge/Familiarity with Python or R and/or a willingness to learn them is desirable.
- Mature judgment.
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of the Regional Monitoring Officer, work with the RBC Monitoring team to understand and implement M&E business requirements at the corporate and regional levels.
- Develop centralized data management systems (databases) to consolidate and manage regional monitoring data and enable automatized reporting of findings.
- Perform data cleaning, organization and analysis and set up regular reporting templates (dashboards) in line with specified business requirements for M&E at regional and country-level using visualization software (e.g. Tableau, ArcGIS, Power BI, Qlikview, etc.).
- Develop technical solutions for Country Offices and the Regional Bureau to enable efficient data consolidation, management, and interactive reporting on web-based platforms.
- Engage with HQ, particularly Programme Monitoring, the Tableau Platform Manager and Data Programme, to develop strategies for standardizing data points and analytical approaches.
- Support overall systems coherence and functionality for WFP’s relevant M&E corporate and non-corporate systems and processes.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are in place to ensure the quality and integrity of quantitative & qualitative data as well as processes for storage, management, and visualization of regional monitoring data.
- Work closely with relevant units to identify and report issues and use data to propose solutions for follow-up and effective decision making.
- Support and coordinate technology, platform, data dictionary and visual analytics standards for M&E activities across the RBC region.
- Provide training in COs or in RBC on data processing and/or visualization, as needed.
- Support the implementation of guidelines and tools to facilitate the implementation of data processing, management and visualization guidelines both at RB and field level.
- Any other duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Strategic Management Utilizes up-to-date understanding of humanitarian and development actions in different contexts and knowledge of global geo-political issues, monitoring requirements and/or the evaluation mandate to enhance existing approaches, systems and processes to monitoring and/or evaluation that suit WFP’s strategic and operational needs.
Performance Management Demonstrates thorough understanding of WFP’s performance management system and ability to manage resources and relationships to lead monitoring actions or deliver complex evaluations (including joint & interagency) of a variety of WFP programmes, processes or policies to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology Applies in-depth understanding of developing practice in analytical approaches, methods and tools for an appropriate mix to deliver quality monitoring results or complex evaluations on diverse topics relevant to WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks.
Technical Communication Able to tailor and synthesize evaluation evidence and engage diverse internal and external stakeholders proactively in appropriate ways to maximize learning and use of evaluation concepts and evidence for improving WFP programme performance.
Programme Monitoring and Review Applies programme lifecycle knowledge to the development of monitoring systems and applies corporate guidance to draft ToR, co-lead Programme Review implementation, and draft initial findings and recommendations on the effectiveness of food assistance activities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Cultivated sustainable relationships with local NGOs, government authorities, and other implementation partners.
- Has research experience using variety of analytical tools and methods for causality analysis, forecasting, and other data modeling needs.
- Performed monitoring, evaluations and assessments at multiple field locations.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
JOB TITLE: Data Management and Visualization Specialist (Monitoring & Evaluation Data)
TYPE & LEVEL OF CONTRACT: Service Contract, Level 8
DURATION & START DATE: 12 months, renewable
UNIT/DIVISION: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Regional Bureau in Cairo (RBC), Cairo, Egypt
REPORT TO (JOB TITLE): Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application no later than 18th of February 2020 through WFP Career Website
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
البحث عن الوظائف
- وظائف أخرى (3,700)
- وظائف إدارية (401)
- وظائف إعلام وصحافة (1,145)
- وظائف الأهرام (0)
- وظائف المشتريات (361)
- وظائف تدريس (3,988)
- وظائف ترجمة (262)
- وظائف تسويق (2,726)
- وظائف تطوير و برمجة (3,725)
- وظائف تقنية معلومات (3,070)
- وظائف حرفيين (67)
- وظائف حكومية (1,071)
- وظائف خدمة عملاء (2,383)
- وظائف سائقين (4,719)
- وظائف صناعية (1,659)
- وظائف طباخين ومطاعم (3,681)
- وظائف طبية (6,171)
- وظائف علاقات عامة (1,739)
- وظائف فن وتصميم (644)
- وظائف فودافون (0)
- وظائف مبيعات (1,273)
- وظائف محاسبة و مالية (3,006)
- وظائف محامين وقانون (396)
- وظائف مهندسين (3,236)
- وظائف موارد بشرية (1,113)
- وظائف نسائية (6,385)