DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
DAI seeks a Director of Operations for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt Nosf Misr program. Nosf Misr will be a five-year activity focused on supporting gender equality and female empowerment, with a concentration on advancement of the enabling environment for women’s empowerment, economic opportunity, and prevention and protection from gender-based violence (GBV).
The Director of Operations will supervise all project operations, including human resources, finance, procurement, administration, logistics, facilities, and asset management. S/he will contribute to the formulation and implementation of administrative policies and procedures and will supervise a team of managers and support staff to ensure sound implementation of those policies and procedures. A detailed list of responsibilities is listed below:
Specific Objectives and Duties
- Responsible for providing training, guidance and direction to project operations staff;
- Assign specific responsibilities and ensure proper usage of project management systems, including TAMIS.
- Responsible for gaining comprehensive knowledge of DAI’s Field Operations Manual (FOM), identifying areas where policies, procedures and/or practices may not be fully aligned with project practice and advising project management with options and recommendations, and assuming responsibility for updating, maintaining and communicating policies and procedures to local managers and their staff; and,
- Responsible for coordinating documentation requirements with various departments, i.e. grants, finance, technical, and other areas.
- Develop acquisition planning reports and present to Senior Management on a quarterly basis, or as required;
- Monitor and track procurement activities and delivery status of goods and services;
- Ensure complete backup documentation is submitted to project’s finance team;
- Ensure DAI policies and procedures, and USAID procurement regulations are followed and enforced;
- Help project staff become familiar with procurement procedures and requirements through training;
- Provide oversight during solicitation of bids and quotes from vendors to ensure adherence with policies and approved requisitions, in support of quarterly procurement plans;
- Provide guidance to procurement team as needed to determine source selection methods for complex procurements to ensure compliance;
- Serve as a non-voting chairperson on evaluation committees, in accordance with DAI policies and thresholds;
- Conduct market research on potential suppliers as needed; and,
- Prepare cost evaluation data and source selection documentation.
- Provide oversight for identification and screening of qualified candidates, participate in interviews as required, and make hiring recommendations;
- Ensure recruitment and personnel actions are compliant with DAI policies and procedures, contract requirements, and USAID regulations;
- Ensure applicants and new hires are provided with information about the job, including onboarding requirements;
- Establish calendar and process for completing annual and probationary employee performance evaluations;
- Oversee the creation and maintenance all hard and soft copy personnel files;
- Oversee management of timesheets and leave balance tracker on a monthly basis; and,
- Ensure compliance of termination procedures, including arranging exit interviews, and collection of all equipment and termination documents.
Facilities and Administration
- Oversee facility support staff and services, project vehicle management, operations and maintenance;
- Ensure adherence to operational budget, and inventory reconciliation;
- Regularly monitor inventory in TAMIS, and ensure that asset labels are affixed to all tracked property; and,
- Ensure regular physical inventory of project property and insurance reporting.
- Supervise, train, and mentor operations and administration managers/specialists who support project IT, Procurement, Finance, HR, Administration & Logistics;
- Plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance, address and resolve problems as they arise; and,
- Undertake other technical assignments designated by the Chief of Party.
- A minimum of five years of senior management experience with demonstrated experience providing direction to managers and specialists in all areas of project operations and administration;
- A minimum of three years of experience with donor-funded development projects, preferably in Egypt;
- A Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred;
- Fluency in English and Arabic;
- Expertise in providing training and developing capacity of teams, ensuring quality of work and adherence to established policies and procedures.
The Director of Operations will supervise operations and administration managers and specialists and report to the COP.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to [اضغط هنا لمشاهدة البريد اﻹلكتروني]”>[اضغط هنا لمشاهدة البريد اﻹلكتروني]. Applicants should note their area of expertise in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will receive a notice requesting additional information.
البحث عن الوظائف
- وظائف أخرى (3,700)
- وظائف إدارية (401)
- وظائف إعلام وصحافة (1,145)
- وظائف الأهرام (0)
- وظائف المشتريات (361)
- وظائف تدريس (3,988)
- وظائف ترجمة (262)
- وظائف تسويق (2,726)
- وظائف تطوير و برمجة (3,725)
- وظائف تقنية معلومات (3,070)
- وظائف حرفيين (67)
- وظائف حكومية (1,071)
- وظائف خدمة عملاء (2,383)
- وظائف سائقين (4,719)
- وظائف صناعية (1,659)
- وظائف طباخين ومطاعم (3,681)
- وظائف طبية (6,171)
- وظائف علاقات عامة (1,739)
- وظائف فن وتصميم (644)
- وظائف فودافون (0)
- وظائف مبيعات (1,273)
- وظائف محاسبة و مالية (3,006)
- وظائف محامين وقانون (396)
- وظائف مهندسين (3,236)
- وظائف موارد بشرية (1,113)
- وظائف نسائية (8,507)