UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women has entered into a partnership with Procter and Gamble (P&G) to integrate more women owned businesses (WOB) with 51% female ownership in the supply chain of P&G with the objective to stimulate equal opportunities for women entrepreneurs, provide them with a true business opportunity, build their capacity, and link them to the market with the aim to increase their market share and return on their investment.
Under the overall guidance and direction of the UN Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) project officer, the field coordinator contributes to the effective follow-up and coordination of UN Women project entitled “Stimulating Equal Opportunities for Women Entrepreneurs” by supporting in the implementation of field activities and reach-out to women and men entrepreneurs in Minya and Beni-Suef. S/he facilitates the delivery of UN Women project field related activities by contributing to achieving results and providing advice for enhancements as necessary. She/he works in close collaboration with UN Women project officer to ensure successful achievement of UN Women project’s objectives.
Duties And Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of UN Women’s Economic Empowerment Project Officer for “Stimulating Equal Opportunities for Women Entrepreneurs”, the field coordinators will ensure implementation and coordination on project’s field related activities.
Summary Of Key Functions
- Prepare, implement and coordinate all field related activities, including the activities taking place in the field
- Map and establish linkages with women entrepreneurs in Minya and Beni-Suef
- Report using the Resultant Based approach on activities’ progress
Prepare, implement and coordinate all field related activities ensuring the following:
- Identify, attend and coordinate outreach activities and other field related events
- Effective field supervision for the activities, providing information about the timeliness and usefulness of UN Women supported activities
- Preliminary assessment of progress towards outputs, and identification of good practices, lessons, and results
- Observe and participate directly in programme activities and field activities
- Meet people in their own environment and obtain the views of the target and/or potential beneficiaries of the programme (e.g. local leaders, social workers, private agribusiness firms)
- Manage all the on the ground activities at the field
- Handle all the procurement related processes in the field
Map and establish linkages with women entrepreneurs in relevant governorate
- Identify and map potential partners/target group for the project and establish linkages with the UN Women project
- Ensure coordination and synergies amongst all field related activities
- Identify best practices from the field for up scaling
- Provide input on the strategic direction of the interventions in the field
- Facilitate “asset transfer” to target groups and training/ capacity building activities
- Facilitate the establishment of “social solidarity companies” of the target groups
Report using Resultant Based approach
- Prepare monthly concise reports with the following key headings:
- Ensure reporting is in line with project’s outcomes, outputs and indicators
- Field trip reports should contain clear findings and recommendations that would feed into project’s design and effective implementation. Attendance of field-related events (assessment, training, and advocacy) can often be combined with field observations that provide instant feedback into project’s design and implementation
- Document feedback and views from a variety of sources (i.e. triangulation) about the effectiveness of project’s activities (i.e. women and men, girls and boys).
Impact of Results: The post has an impact on the overall effectiveness and success of UN Women intervention and activities in the field. The coordinator will not only add to the projects in terms of experience in the field and experience with the beneficiaries, but will also be a great addition to the team to give advice regarding new and innovative activities that would be in line with the project’s objectives.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:
- Field Competency: Ability to work in the field and communicate efficiently with the beneficiaries;
- Continuous Learning and knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing knowledge
- Gender Issues: Demonstrated analytical skills on issues related to gender, the economy and poverty reduction;
- Soft Skills: Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in Arabic and English. Knowledge of any other official UN language would be an asset.
Education And Certification
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in business, accounting, law, agriculture, social sciences, development studies or other relevant degrees.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in project implementation and management in the field.
- Experience in UN interagency cooperation, particularly on Gender would be an asset.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in Arabic and English
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-p11-personal-history-form.doc?la=en&vs=558 . Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
- A current and complete C.V. in English with indication of 3 references as well as the permanent e-mail and phone contact.
- Financial proposal: Lump sum per month. Please note, the sum is inclusive of all travel-related expenses.
- Successful applicants will be included in UN Women’s Roster of Experts, to be drawn upon as resource persons, as and when needed, to respond to country office’s requests in the Field.
- It is expected that the successful applicant(s) will sign a Special Service Agreement (SSA) for a period of up to 10 months (22 days a month) with an option to be extended based on performance appraisal.
- The assignment is expected to be 90% field work and 10% office based work. As the successful applicant(s) is required to travel to the field and stay overnights, UN Women will cover the cost of the official travels in accordance to UN rules and procedures.
- The fare will always be “most direct, most economical”, otherwise, will be paid by the applicant
- Successful candidate(s)will be asked to submit the expected daily rate in EGP. The rate should include travel expenses and accommodation (if any)
- Monthly payment will be based on working days submitted on a timesheet and a monthly report of achievements
UN Women applies a fair and transparent selection process that takes into account both the technical qualification of potential consultants as well as the financial proposals submitted in support of consultant applications.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
Cumulative analysis: When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical criteria.
Technical Criteria weight: 70%
Criteria 1: Education (30 Points);
Criteria 2: At least 7 years of f relevant experience in project implementation and management in the field (30 points)
Criteria 3: Experience in UN interagency cooperation, particularly on Gender would be an asset(10 Points)
Financial Criteria Weight: 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the financial evaluation.
Criteria Weight Technical: 70%
Financial: Lowest financial proposal (30%) The Financial officer must be a Lumpsum all-inclusive; (all costs including any travel or transportation related expenses …etc.).
The Points For The Financial Proposal Will Be Allocated As Per The Following Formula
Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combined score (financial and technical).
(Lowest Bid Offered*)/ (Bid of the Consultant) x 30
Candidates must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Personal CV;
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment ;
- 3 References/letters of recommendations from previous recent employers
- Education certificates.
- Health certificate signed and stamped.
Please note: All documents have to be uploaded in 1 single file.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Refer a Friend Apply Now
البحث عن الوظائف
- وظائف أخرى (3,700)
- وظائف إدارية (401)
- وظائف إعلام وصحافة (1,145)
- وظائف الأهرام (0)
- وظائف المشتريات (361)
- وظائف تدريس (3,988)
- وظائف ترجمة (262)
- وظائف تسويق (2,726)
- وظائف تطوير و برمجة (3,725)
- وظائف تقنية معلومات (3,070)
- وظائف حرفيين (67)
- وظائف حكومية (1,071)
- وظائف خدمة عملاء (2,383)
- وظائف سائقين (4,719)
- وظائف صناعية (1,659)
- وظائف طباخين ومطاعم (3,681)
- وظائف طبية (6,171)
- وظائف علاقات عامة (1,739)
- وظائف فن وتصميم (644)
- وظائف فودافون (0)
- وظائف مبيعات (1,273)
- وظائف محاسبة و مالية (3,006)
- وظائف محامين وقانون (396)
- وظائف مهندسين (3,236)
- وظائف موارد بشرية (1,113)
- وظائف نسائية (6,385)