The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced GBV Response and Referrals Expert for the anticipated five year, 30 million USAID-funded Nosf Misr “Half of Egypt” activity. This activity will support gender equality and female empowerment, with a concentration on advancement of the enabling environment for women’s empowerment; economic opportunity; and, prevention and protection from gender based violence (GBV) in greater Cairo, targeted governorates of Upper Egypt, as well as other potential governorates.
The prevention and protection from GBV component of this project will strengthen national and local level referral mechanisms with associated service provisions for GBV victims and survivors (and families as appropriate) that expands upon referral mechanisms currently mandated by law and/or policy. At the national level, this component will work with Government of Egypt entities, civil society organizations, and other national stakeholders including the Prosecutor’s office to establish a national level referral package for GBV victims and survivors that provides access to, as needed, immediate medical, psychosocial, and legal support, access to productive resources, shelter, reintegration and follow-up.
This position is contingent on funding.
The GBV Response and Referrals Expert will be responsible for overall activity management of the prevention and protection from GBV component of Nosf Misr, including providing leadership to attain objectives, ensuring adequate communications with project partners, interacting with high-level Egyptian government officials and other counterparts, and identifying and mitigating activity risks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall management of the prevention and protection from GBV component of the project, including technical implementation and staff oversight;
- Meeting program targets and ensuring the fiscal integrity of the use of program funds;
- Establishing and maintaining systems for project operations and compliance with USAID rules and regulations;
- Primary point of contact with Egypt-based project partners, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders;
- Producing effective written reports and oral presentations on the project;
- Representing Global Communities and program interests as necessary and appropriate;
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
- Bachelor’s in gender studies, social work or other social sciences, community health, international law, human rights or related fields (advanced degree preferred);
- Component Lead or similar experience implementing a USAID project of similar size and scope;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working on international development projects, including demonstrated experience managing and implementing GBV prevention and/or response projects in the region, Egypt preferred;
- Experience establishing and or/strengthening GBV survivor referral services;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advance complex, politically sensitive activities;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors and other stakeholders;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches;
- Fluency in English and Arabic are required in both speaking and writing.
Egyptian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
المزيد من الوظائف المعلنة من Jobsmisr
البحث عن الوظائف
- وظائف أخرى (3,700)
- وظائف إدارية (401)
- وظائف إعلام وصحافة (1,145)
- وظائف الأهرام (0)
- وظائف المشتريات (361)
- وظائف تدريس (3,988)
- وظائف ترجمة (262)
- وظائف تسويق (2,726)
- وظائف تطوير و برمجة (3,725)
- وظائف تقنية معلومات (3,070)
- وظائف حرفيين (67)
- وظائف حكومية (1,071)
- وظائف خدمة عملاء (2,383)
- وظائف سائقين (4,719)
- وظائف صناعية (1,659)
- وظائف طباخين ومطاعم (3,681)
- وظائف طبية (6,171)
- وظائف علاقات عامة (1,739)
- وظائف فن وتصميم (644)
- وظائف فودافون (0)
- وظائف مبيعات (1,273)
- وظائف محاسبة و مالية (3,006)
- وظائف محامين وقانون (396)
- وظائف مهندسين (3,236)
- وظائف موارد بشرية (1,113)
- وظائف نسائية (6,330)