WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency , WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP’s greatest strength is its 18,000+ dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are building a Roster of Human Resources Generalists and Recruiters that will be comprised of highly competent professionals from around the world who can play a key role in helping our Country Offices across a variety of HR activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES may include:
- Participate in the development of HR country-specific plans and processes, and lead the delivery of HR operational activities or projects to meet local objectives and support WFP strategic goals, ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
- Provide advice to managers and employees on complex issues, understanding their needs and ensuring that HR policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Ensure the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, determining conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving more complex employee relations issues.
- Manage capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
- Partner with hiring units on competencies and principal requirements to ensure accurate and detailed job descriptions, and develop Talent Acquisition action plans
- Plan and deliver an onboarding process which ensures new employees have a positive experience of WFP and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and planning/implementing solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
- Deliver organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Lead and motivate a small of HR staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Monitor the accurate and compliant recording of data; coordinate and prepare timely corporate statistics and conduct analysis, identifying trends and potential issues, and proposing solutions to stakeholders.
- Maintain and share knowledge of best practice, and support the development and implementation of new/improved HR policies, systems and procedures to ensure they are reflective of legislation, and support WFP effectively.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or training/courses.
- 3 or more years or more of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development. Experience of managing small teams of staff with related areas of expertise.
- Fluency in oral and written English;
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) highly desierable
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Sound knowledge of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a team.
- Good communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Knowledge of common business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Talent acquisition experience ideally within a fast-moving, highly dynamic organization
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with human resources counterparts, managers and staff within HQ/regional/country office.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service. Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions
- Ability to explain the rationale for human resources decisions and to gain buy-in from different stakeholders.
Terms and Conditions
This vacancy announcement is not tied to any currently open position or any specific duty station. It is a Roster for qualified applicants to express their interest for future upcoming short or mid-term (1 month to 11 months) HR Consultant opportunities in any of the WFP RBC countries. WFP RBC provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in Algeria, Armenia, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, State of Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Yemen and UAE.
All applications received will be reviewed and go through a selection process to asses relevant experience and qualifications. Applicants who meet the selection criteria may be contacted for further interviews or assessments and to confirm their interest and availability.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP. http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 30 June 2020
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
البحث عن الوظائف
- وظائف أخرى (3,700)
- وظائف إدارية (401)
- وظائف إعلام وصحافة (1,145)
- وظائف الأهرام (0)
- وظائف المشتريات (361)
- وظائف تدريس (3,988)
- وظائف ترجمة (262)
- وظائف تسويق (2,726)
- وظائف تطوير و برمجة (3,725)
- وظائف تقنية معلومات (3,070)
- وظائف حرفيين (67)
- وظائف حكومية (1,071)
- وظائف خدمة عملاء (2,383)
- وظائف سائقين (4,719)
- وظائف صناعية (1,659)
- وظائف طباخين ومطاعم (3,681)
- وظائف طبية (6,171)
- وظائف علاقات عامة (1,739)
- وظائف فن وتصميم (644)
- وظائف فودافون (0)
- وظائف مبيعات (1,273)
- وظائف محاسبة و مالية (3,006)
- وظائف محامين وقانون (396)
- وظائف مهندسين (3,236)
- وظائف موارد بشرية (1,113)
- وظائف نسائية (8,507)