Creative Associates is seeking a Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Egypt’s Skilled Workforce activity. The MEL Manager will ensure that performance monitoring, action research, and evaluations are consistent with program outcomes and track progress of activities in achieving goals and outcomes. It will also manage and coordinate field monitoring and expert assessments, and any other personnel responsible for monitoring performance, monitoring and collecting data and reports. The Manager shall ensure that the methodologies proposed by the contractor to measure the impact of the program on access, retention, reading and learning outcomes, school safety, community involvement, gender, including disabilities, and conflict-sensitive measures, are consistently and systematically monitored and reported.
This activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
- Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector;
- Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and
- Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager will report to the Chief of Party based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Develop and update the Building Egypt’s Skilled Workforce MEL Plan, including review of its results framework, potential indicators, relevant and applicable baseline data collection strategies and methodologies, and the financial and human resources needed to successfully implement the MEL strategy;
- Develop tools for data collection and protocols;
- Support MEL Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) as relevant to a set of outcome and output indicators;
- Develop an advanced data management system, with the support of the MEL team;
- Analyze ongoing quantitative / qualitative data at different points in the program leading to the specific program / contract results;
- Work with national TVET education partners on the development of work plans mandated by the program;
- Conduct field visits, as necessary, to develop monitoring / performance management plans with technical teams;
- Supervise technical assistance and training to provincial and district levels of TVET education to support increased use of education data for decision-making;
- Regularly review work plans to ensure the timely achievement of results related to USAID MEL;
- Elaborate annual plans related to the MEL component as well as budgets for relevant activities;
- Supervise and help build the capacity of project MEL staff at the provincial level to carry out activities;
- Ensure regular communication of MEL activities to all key stakeholders and contribute to the quarterly, annual report and project reporting to USAID, with the support of the Communication Officer;
- Collaborate with the technical team to monitor the progress of the program in terms of the compliance requirements of USAID results and indicators;
- Work closely with technical staff and institutional partners to explain MEL processes and understand how these processes relate to the project’s technical work, and to promote MEL-related training as needed;
- Manage MEL resources and ensure that MEL information and resources are up-to-date, available to staff and widely disseminated;and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters’ degree in international development, economics, business, education, or other relevant field, highly preferred;
- At least six (6) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs of a similar scope and scale, of which four (4) years must be working experience in the MENA region;
- Fluency in USAID’s policies and procedures in regards to activity monitoring, evaluation and learning plans (AMELP);
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in TVET systems, Positive Youth Development (PYD), demand-driven training, soft skills development, human resource management, MSME strengthening, financial inclusion or related fields, highly preferred;
- Experience implementing economic growth programs in the MENA region, Egypt highly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to organize program work teams;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, and to liaise as needed with donor and home office personnel to ensure the smooth implementation of the contract;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Fluency in Arabic and English, written and spoken.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience effectively integrating gender equality, female empowerment, and social inclusion into development projects.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
البحث عن الوظائف
- وظائف أخرى (3,700)
- وظائف إدارية (401)
- وظائف إعلام وصحافة (1,145)
- وظائف الأهرام (0)
- وظائف المشتريات (361)
- وظائف تدريس (3,988)
- وظائف ترجمة (262)
- وظائف تسويق (2,726)
- وظائف تطوير و برمجة (3,725)
- وظائف تقنية معلومات (3,070)
- وظائف حرفيين (67)
- وظائف حكومية (1,071)
- وظائف خدمة عملاء (2,383)
- وظائف سائقين (4,719)
- وظائف صناعية (1,659)
- وظائف طباخين ومطاعم (3,681)
- وظائف طبية (6,171)
- وظائف علاقات عامة (1,739)
- وظائف فن وتصميم (644)
- وظائف فودافون (0)
- وظائف مبيعات (1,273)
- وظائف محاسبة و مالية (3,006)
- وظائف محامين وقانون (396)
- وظائف مهندسين (3,236)
- وظائف موارد بشرية (1,113)
- وظائف نسائية (8,507)