WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Are you a Programme Policy Officer interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Would you like to join WFP, a highly reputable organisation bringing positive change to lives of people affected by hardships? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
If your answer is yes, then this is a great opportunity for you to become an integral member of a diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to beneficiary assistance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. With more than 18,000 colleagues worldwide, WFP works to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Why you should join WFP?
- WFP assists more than 86 million people around 83 countries. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people
- The way WFP serves hungry and affected people – including women, minority groups, children and elderly, is truly important for their safety and dignity
- You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have a chance to exchange your experience and expertise with your colleagues
- WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- Our team is growing internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!
- We offer attractive compensation package (please refer to Terms and Conditions section)
WFP Regional Bureau Cairo, Country Strategic Plan Coordination/Programme Cycle Unit
The Programme Division of the WFP Regional Bureau Cairo is seeking to fill the position of Programme and Policy Officer (CSP Coordination/Programme Cycle Unit) at the P4 Level, based in Cairo. The position will report to the Head of Programme Performance and Measurement, work in close coordination with other Programme colleagues and other Regional Bureau functional units, and will technically support and coordinate with Programme and Policy Officers at field office level.
This position leads the coordination of country strategic planning processes and guides WFP Country Offices in their Programme Cycle processes. It coordinates the development of the second-generation Country Strategic Plans of WFP, of programme revisions due to COVID 19 or other changes within the country settings. This position guides country offices in the development of the United Nations Development Cooperation Framework ( U N D CF) a nd Common Country Assessment ( C CA) p r oc e s s e s at country level.
Specifically, The Candidate Will Be r e Sp o n Si b Le Fo r t h e f o Ll o Wi Ng
1 . Coor d i n a te a nd s u p port coun t r y of f i c e s i n t he de v e l o pme n t of s e c ond gen e ra t i on ( i nte r i m) count r y s t ra t eg i c p l a n s , a nd on UN reform processes such as (United Nations Development Cooperation Framework ( U N D CF) a nd Common Country Assessment ( C CA) p r oc e s s e s
- P r o vi d e g u i d a n ce t o the Regional Bureau a n d Co unt y O f f i ces o n t h e P r o g r a m m e R e v i e w P r o c e ss a n d Pr o g r a m m e de si gn . S u pp or t c o unt r y o f f i ces in th e r e vis i o n o f th e ( Interim) Country Strategic Plan s , i n cl ud i n g as s ist in g Country Office s in th e d r aft in g a n d e d i t i n g o f th e d o cu m e nt s a n d th e su b m i s s i o n f o r t h e Programme Review Process (PRP) .
- E n sure s t r a t e g ic a n d t e c hn ical feedback f r o m the Regional Bureau and Headquarters a n d f ee db a c k f r o m E x e cu t ive B o a r d (EB) m e m b e r s h ave b ee n a d e qu a t e ly a ddre s se d a n d i n c or p or a t e d i nt o th e ( Interim ) Country Strategic Plans.
- P r o vi d e Country Office su ppo r t t o d r aft in g th e C o unt r y O ff ice Ma n a g e m e n t Plan ( C O MP) a n d c o or d i n a t e q u a l i t y r e vi e w a n d assurance wi th in t h e Regional Bureau.
- The ideal profile is a professional who is highly adaptive and is able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences who might not share the same technical knowledge
- The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who is truly committed to support a wide range of programmatic aspects in the complex and challenging environment of WFP’s operations in the Middle East, North Africa, Central and Eastern European region. The ideal candidate has operational experience in humanitarian as well as development settings, and is able to adapt corporate policies and principles to the realities of complex country settings, is able to engage, coordinate and communicate with different stakeholders.
Qualifications & Key Requirements
- University degree in Law, Political, Social and Economic Sciences, Social Work or a related field;
- At least eight years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian assistance and/or development work of the United Nations, other international governmental or non-governmental organisations;
- Strong knowledge and experience of country strategic planning processes;
- Strong knowledge of coordination and Programme cycle management;
- Proven experience in coordination and interagency work in crisis response;
- Proven communication skills and ability to communicate and adjust communication style to different audiences.
Additional/Nice Have Requirements
- Familiarity with the UN System
- Familiarity with displacement and refugee assistance as well Capacity Strengthening of Government,
- Familiarity with stakeholder relationship building and ability to engage different stakeholders,
- Knowledge of UN reform processes such as UNDCF and CCA is a strong asset,
- Previous experience in the Middle East, including knowledge of political dynamics of the region is an asset
- Knowledge of Arabic language an asset, but not a must have.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese
CLOSING DATE: 04 July 2020
VA Number: (122965)
Terms and Conditions
Mobility is, and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a Fixed-Term contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details, please visit icsc.un.org.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
البحث عن الوظائف
- وظائف أخرى (3,700)
- وظائف إدارية (401)
- وظائف إعلام وصحافة (1,145)
- وظائف الأهرام (0)
- وظائف المشتريات (361)
- وظائف تدريس (3,988)
- وظائف ترجمة (262)
- وظائف تسويق (2,726)
- وظائف تطوير و برمجة (3,725)
- وظائف تقنية معلومات (3,070)
- وظائف حرفيين (67)
- وظائف حكومية (1,071)
- وظائف خدمة عملاء (2,383)
- وظائف سائقين (4,719)
- وظائف صناعية (1,659)
- وظائف طباخين ومطاعم (3,681)
- وظائف طبية (6,171)
- وظائف علاقات عامة (1,739)
- وظائف فن وتصميم (644)
- وظائف فودافون (0)
- وظائف مبيعات (1,273)
- وظائف محاسبة و مالية (3,006)
- وظائف محامين وقانون (396)
- وظائف مهندسين (3,236)
- وظائف موارد بشرية (1,113)
- وظائف نسائية (8,507)